West Campus - Lakewood
Half-Time IT Person
Denver Street School
Denver Street School is looking for a half-time IT person. This position is responsible for providing front-line IT services to the Denver Street School staff. Denver Street School is an accredited, Christian alternative high school that has been successfully working with at-risk youth in the Denver Metro area for more than 30 years. Please see our website at www.denverstreetschool.org for more information about us.
We are seeking a qualified individual to be our IT person. Primary duties include maintaining and troubleshooting devices and systems, hardware and software. Typical tasks include: (1) troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10; (2) deploying and upgrading software; (3) replacing & deploying workstations and laptops; and (4) resolving and troubleshooting user issues; and (5) Ensuring the safe backup of all organization data that will be restored as required.
The person in this position should be approachable and professional, capable of interacting easily with everyone within the DSS organization, whether volunteers or the Executive Director. The ideal candidate for this position is interested in working as a part of a small team, providing on-going support for staff as well as taking a key role in projects such as a donor on-boarding and the implementation of network improvements. They should be interested in connecting with people in a meaningful way and providing thoughtful solutions.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a non-profit organization that will allow them to work in tandem with an experienced team in a gratifying way.
Required Skills of the IT Support Specialist:
- Desktop support experience: “Tech Savvy” with a basic understanding of PC, MAC, and Chromebook computers.
- Google Admin (G Suite)
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Skype, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Filemaker database a plus
- Server/Network experience (MS Server 2012 a plus). Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and the ability to manage user accounts.
- An understanding of Virtual Box
- Experience troubleshooting computer and network hardware systems. Ability to work with remote users.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for new and ongoing tasks.
- Experience with antivirus management and virus troubleshooting.
- Printer installation and maintenance capability.
- Basic knowledge of networking devices (firewall/router/switch/WAP)
- Maintain and observe the highest professional ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Ability to foster effective teamwork in a fast-paced collaborative work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.