We accept students for enrollment at the beginning of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters of the school year. Please see the 2023-2024 school calendar for specific start dates for each quarter.
Please fill out the application packet as soon as possible to help ensure enrollment. Because of our commitment to small class sizes, you may be placed on a waiting list for the upcoming quarter. If so, you’ll be given priority for the next enrollment period.
What is the enrollment process?
1) Get an application packet.
- Download here and print.
- Call 303-860-1702 to have one mailed to you.
- Visit West Campus to get one in person.
2) Please return it completed, along with:
- A current copy of your school transcripts showing any high school credit received.
- Your current immunization records.
- If applicable, a copy of your most recent IEP or other Special Education document.
3) Once reviewed, you will be contacted by the principal to schedule an informational interview.
- It’s at this time you and your parent/guardian will receive additional materials and information about beginning classes at DSS.
Principal: Patrick Fisher
1380 Ammons Street
Lakewood, CO. 80214
Tuition and Fees
Did you know that the cost of educating a student at the Denver Street School is approximately $12,500 each year? Because we understand that most of our students are unable to paythat amount, funds are raised from a variety of sources to make up the difference.
What will DSS cost me?
Tuition to attend is $50 per quarter ($200 per year). The school also charges a $25 technology fee and a $25 insurance fee once each school year.
What if I can’t afford tuition?
As a student, you have the option of completing 8 hours of community service in exchange for one quarter’s tuition. The hours need to be documented and signed by the organization’s supervisor and submitted to the principal prior to the end of the quarter to pay that quarter’s tuition. The $25.00 technology and insurance fees must be paid via cash or check.
What if my tuition payment is late?
If you expect to be late with your tuition payment, it’s your responsibility to make arrangements with the principal in advance. Should you become more than 2 quarters behind in tuition, you are subject to being dismissed from school. Official student records may be delayed in release to parents or other institutions if there is an outstanding account balance.
We’re Your Resource!
How can we help?
- Are you a high school principal, teacher, or guidance counselor?
- Do you work in child services for the city?
- Are you a probation officer or social worker?
- Are you a concerned friend or family member?
If you are looking for options in support of a teen struggling to find the right high school setting to address their unique challenges and earn their diploma, we are here for you!
Let us be a resource to pass on to parents, guardians, and students to help them in their educational journey toward a bright future.
DSS changed my son’s life. The teachers are such an inspiration! I hope Jesus’ love continues to shine there.
I am just so thankful for everyone at DSS and how much they pour into my girls and all the kids. It has been life-changing in very different ways for both of my daughters. Most of the time, my oldest would give up because she was tired of being wrong or laughed at in class if she gave a “dumb” answer. But at DSS, her teacher told me she was finishing her work and even asking for more!
DSS was such a life-giving place for my daughter. After being kicked out of public school, the staff gave unconditional love at a very critical time in her life. The education at DSS is hands-on and hearts in! They are truly remarkable and make an eternal difference.