In 2015, we opened our third campus in the Denver metro area. After two years of research on working with teen girls who have experienced complex trauma, we put together a comprehensive academic and therapeutic model to fit their diverse needs. We help fill in the emotional and educational gaps unique to each student, focusing on individualized academic education, spiritual and emotional development, health and wellness, creative expression, and equine therapy. To learn more click HERE for additional details regarding this new initiative.
For more information, referrals, media, or questions contact Principal: Christina
For more information about volunteering at Hope Academy contact volunteer coordinator/admin support: Shannon McGhee
Or you can contact our main offices at
P.O. Box 140069, Denver, CO 80214
To contact Ms. Schmitzler please fill out and submit this form:
Christian Schmitzler - Principal
Christina graduated from the College of Wooster in 2005, got a job teaching English at the Denver Street School, packed up her car, and drove to Colorado all the way from her home in New Jersey. She has been here ever since. Christina loves grammar, pugs, and is mildly obsessed with the writing of C.S. Lewis. In addition to English, she has also taught computers, and in the past has taught other creative electives such as theater, cooking, art, and film.
Shannon McGhee - Volunteer Coordinator/Admin Support
- Colorado Native
- Public Relations degree from the University of Colorado at Denver
- Over 25 years combined experience: Volunteer Coordination, Marketing, Writing, Community Relations, and Communications
- Through a series of God-directed events, joined the Hope Academy initiative as a volunteer in October 2014 and became a staff member in April 2016
- Thrives on being a ‘behind the scene’ worker bee
- Learning to follow where God leads me and to embrace His blessing.