West Campuses – Lakewood
Campus: Denver Street School – West Campus
Location: Lakewood, CO
Salary: Starting pay $60,000 + Health Insurance Package
Hours: Full Time
Contact: Chris Fuller – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Denver Street School is looking for its next high school principal.
This job is unique, challenging, and rewarding in so many ways!
We are small with a purpose Christian alternative high school serving the Denver Metro’s at-risk youth…
The Secondary Principal reports directly to the Associate Executive Director and prayerfully serves as the high school’s primary spiritual and educational leader.
This position shall ensure and maintain the mission, purpose, philosophy, and standards established by the Denver Street School mission and Board. This position shall provide vision, leadership, and supervision for the school. The principal serves as a leader in planning, coordinating, and providing oversight of school programs, student conduct, discipline, extracurricular activities, and spiritual formation to support the mission of Denver Street School.
The Denver Street School is seeking a Full-Time Secondary School Principal. The qualified individual will demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing daily duties.
In faithful living, you are expected to:
1. Be committed to a consistent, daily walk with Jesus Christ.
2. Believe that the Bible is God’s word; standard for faith and daily living
3. Model Biblical principles in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. (Luke 6:40)
4. Be Actively involved and faithful to a local church that has a Statement of Faith in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith.
5. Demonstrate by example the importance of Scripture study, prayer, witnessing, and unity in the Body of Christ.
6. Agree with the school’s Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education.
7. Have the spiritual maturity and personal leadership qualities to nurture children.
· Bachelor of Arts in Education
· Applicable Colorado License
· Master’s Degree in an Educational, Leadership related curriculum preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of school leadership experience is preferred.
· A solid commitment to the philosophies, mission, and educational philosophies of Denver Street School.
· Reflect on the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every class and activity.
· The call of God to serve in academic servant leadership.
· Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with children, parents, and colleagues.
· Spiritual gifts of teaching, discernment, administration, leadership, and service.
· A calling from God to serve His kingdom through the mission of DSS.
· A personal faith in Jesus Christ as one’s savior.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective organizational skills.
· Continuing professional development.
· Strong analytical skills are preferred.
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Google are preferred.
· Flexibility and dependability.
The principal will:
· Model Christ in word and deed.
· Cooperate with the Board and administration to implement all policies, procedures, and directives governing the school’s operation.
· Supervise the Teachers
· Collaborate with the teachers to plan or develop school curriculum and activities.
· Partner with the AED to develop and manage a budget that supports the secondary school program.
· Provide opportunities for professional development for faculty and staff.
· Lead curriculum development and maintain awareness of changes in the general education field.
· Encourage the use of community resources to enrich the curriculum.
· Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
· Mentor Teachers and support them in teaching all subjects from a biblical perspective.
· Oversee the instructional program and create an atmosphere where teachers are free to be resourceful and encourage students to achieve their potential.
· Ensure the school’s climate is conducive to creative teaching, student learning, and self-discipline.
· Recruit, interview, and select new students and teachers.
· Facilitate intake interviews with parents and students.
· Collaborate with the team to promote the school throughout the community.
· Develop a school climate that supports growth in self-discipline and encourages the school regulations and policies.
· Assist Teachers in the development of strategies for managing a classroom.
· Counsel with teachers and students when behavior concerns persist and confer with parents when necessary.
· Communicate with the parents of secondary school students regarding school programs, student development, and school activities.
· Lead secondary school communication strategy to ensure student concerns, suggestions, and proposals are communicated and considered.
· Assist AED in communicating expectations to staff and faculty during staff orientation.
· Meet regularly with the administrative leadership team.
· Ability to communicate to parents and staff using various digital platforms, such as Google, Teams, Newsletters, etc.
Please review the school website to understand better what we do.
Note: School policy requires that each successful applicant be free of past serious legal infractions as determined through criminal records checks with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.